Old 03-12-2011, 08:49 PM
Jesse Palser

Default - "Classic Desktop"-How To Disable Default Theme???

[11.04Alpha3] - "Classic Desktop"-How To Disable Default Theme???

Hi,

I installed Ubuntu 11.04 Alpha 3 64bit into VirtualBox.

I got Unity working in the Virtual Machine, but I do not like it.
Not happy with Unity, I booted into "Ubuntu Classic Desktop".

I do not like the default theme for 11.04,
so I selected an alternate theme in "Appearance Preferences".

Problem is when I reboot.
Seems that after a reboot, the default theme is always loaded?
I don't like the default theme.
How do I disable this forced change of theme on OS startup???

Thanks!

Jesse

Old 03-12-2011, 09:04 PM
Colin Law

On 12 March 2011 21:49, Jesse Palser <SLNTHERO@aol.com> wrote:
> [11.04Alpha3] - "Classic Desktop"-How To Disable Default Theme???
>
> Hi,
>
> I installed Ubuntu 11.04 Alpha 3 64bit into VirtualBox.
>
> I got Unity working in the Virtual Machine, but I do not like it.
> Not happy with Unity, I booted into "Ubuntu Classic Desktop".
>
> I do not like the default theme for 11.04,
> so I selected an alternate theme in "Appearance Preferences".
>
> Problem is when I reboot.
> Seems that after a reboot, the default theme is always loaded?

That sounds like a bug. Have you searched launchpad to see if it is
already reported? If it is not then report it.

Colin

Old 03-12-2011, 09:49 PM
Jesse Palser

[11.04Alpha3] - "Classic Desktop"-How To Disable Default Theme???

Hi,

I installed Ubuntu 11.04 Alpha 3 64bit into VirtualBox.

I got Unity working in the Virtual Machine, but I do not like it.
Not happy with Unity, I booted into "Ubuntu Classic Desktop".

I do not like the default theme for 11.04,
so I selected an alternate theme in "Appearance Preferences".

Problem is when I reboot.
Seems that after a reboot, the default theme is always loaded?

That sounds like a bug. Have you searched launchpad to see if it is
already reported? If it is not then report it.

Colin

Hi,

I went to the 11.04 bug tracker: https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/natty
How do I submit a bug? (I have an account and am logged in)
There is a "Report a bug ->" link at top-right of that web page
but clicking it does not allow me to submit a bug???

Thanks!

Jesse