Old 03-12-2011, 02:54 PM
Goh Lip

Default Grub to boot automatically after a crash

On 03/12/2011 11:19 PM, Houcem HACHICHA wrote:

Hi everyone,

I have ubuntu 10.10 server installed and everytime they crash grub
doesn't automatically reboot after 10 seconds or so, but waits for a
user to select the kernel..
Any idea how to configure grub to automatically boot even after a system
crash?

Thanks in advance,
--
/Best Regards/
/aimar/

Modify "recordfail", Perhaps these might help give you an idea....

https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/grub2/+bug/447725
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/grub2/+bug/462888

I don't use recordfail myself {1}, so I am not sure of the details, hope
you can take it from here.

Regards - Goh Lip

{1} I don't boot using any OS boot or grub.cfg to boot; I use my own and
I don't include recordfail in it.

Old 03-12-2011, 03:48 PM
Tom H

On Sat, Mar 12, 2011 at 10:19 AM, Houcem HACHICHA
<houcem.hachicha@gmail.com> wrote:

> I have ubuntu 10.10 server installed and everytime they crash grub doesn't
> automatically reboot after 10 seconds or so, but waits for a user to select
> the kernel..
>
> Any idea how to configure grub to automatically boot even after a system
> crash?

Modify the "make_timeout ()" function in "/etc/grub.d/00_header" not
to have "set timeout=-1" and run "update-grub".

This change'll probably be overwritten when the grub scripts are
updated so you'll have to re-do it...