-   -   New linux wiki up (http://www.linux-archive.org/ubuntu-user/500345-new-linux-wiki-up.html)

Christopher Lemire 03-12-2011 07:48 AM

New linux wiki up

Just thought I'd let the Ubuntu community know that there's a new Linux wiki up. If you'd like to contribute, you can. We have some very knowledgeable Linux users in programming, security testing, Linux sysadmin, etc. We just don't have much content on the wiki yet because it's been up for about one day. If you would like to meet our people in IRC, information is on the front-page of the wiki. If you'd like to participate in our programming competition, you should also come into our irc channel. Also if you know CSS, we could use some help making the wiki look nicer. Thanks.

link: http://orbitalnebula.no-ip.org
--
Christopher Lemire <christopher.lemire@gmail.com>

Ubuntu 64 bit Linux Raid Level 0

Gnu Privacy Guard Key Fingerprint = 3E1A 9103 EF3D 4885 6866* E9DE C69F 18B3 E13B 0909

Web: http://linuxinnovations.blogspot.com

Jabber: recursivequicksort@jabber.org

Niki Kovacs 03-12-2011 09:05 AM

New linux wiki up

Just thought I'd let the Ubuntu community know that there's a new Linux
wiki up. If you'd like to contribute, you can. We have some very
knowledgeable Linux users in programming, security testing, Linux
sysadmin, etc.

The wiki ("Black Hats" ?!?) is empty, and the blog looks like a porn
headbanger's heavy metal nightmare.

Cheers,

Niki
7, place de l'église - 30730 Montpezat
Web : http://www.microlinux.fr
Mail : info@microlinux.fr
Tél. : 04 66 63 10 32

Ric Moore 03-12-2011 07:05 PM

New linux wiki up

On Sat, 2011-03-12 at 11:25 -0600, Christopher Lemire wrote:
> Oh, you were the one downloading Evoken from my public_html, eh? Yeah,
> of course, the blog is getting more content. It's only been there for
> one day. How's it going to get more content without some Linux
> community?
>
> On Sat, Mar 12, 2011 at 4:05 AM, Niki Kovacs <contact@kikinovak.net>
> wrote:
> The wiki ("Black Hats" ?!?) is empty, and the blog looks like
> a porn headbanger's heavy metal nightmare.

If you want to create a legitimate Linux Wiki, I would suggest you don't
top-post to a Linux Forum. Jus a thought, Ric

Linux user# 44256

Christopher Lemire 03-22-2011 11:09 AM

New linux wiki up

On Sat, Mar 12, 2011 at 2:05 PM, Ric Moore <wayward4now@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Sat, 2011-03-12 at 11:25 -0600, Christopher Lemire wrote:
> > Oh, you were the one downloading Evoken from my public_html, eh? Yeah,
> > of course, the blog is getting more content. It's only been there for
> > one day. How's it going to get more content without some Linux
> > community?
> >
> > On Sat, Mar 12, 2011 at 4:05 AM, Niki Kovacs <contact@kikinovak.net>
> > wrote:
> > * * * * The wiki ("Black Hats" ?!?) is empty, and the blog looks like
> > * * * * a porn headbanger's heavy metal nightmare.
>
> If you want to create a legitimate Linux Wiki, I would suggest you don't
> top-post to a Linux Forum. Jus a thought, Ric

> Linux user# 44256

Ok, so I forgot to bottom post one time by mistake. I'll have to get
mutt going with gmail again soon, so it does all that auto-magically.
I was just letting the ubuntu community know there's a helpful free
support channel and new wiki up. If you have anything that's not
negative to say, go ahead and reply.

"Amedee Van Gasse" 03-22-2011 03:03 PM

New linux wiki up

On Tue, March 22, 2011 13:09, Christopher Lemire wrote:

> Ok, so I forgot to bottom post one time by mistake. I'll have to get
> mutt going with gmail again soon, so it does all that auto-magically.
> I was just letting the ubuntu community know there's a helpful free
> support channel and new wiki up. If you have anything that's not
> negative to say, go ahead and reply.

Chicken and egg problem in online communities: you won't get any new users
(and possible contributors) if you don't have any interesting content
already; and you won't get any interesting content if you don't have a
large enough user (and contributor) base.

How do you solve this? Possible solutions are:
* seed your wiki with interesting content
* open in private beta before going public
* give incentives to active contributors

Patton Echols 03-22-2011 07:18 PM

New linux wiki up