Old 03-11-2011, 10:46 PM
NoOp

Default Japan Earthquake

To all the Ubuntu users/contributors in Japan & areas affected by the
earthquake,

I wish you, your families, and friends well.

Gary

Old 03-11-2011, 10:57 PM
Thibault Dupuis

Le 12 mars 2011 ŕ 00:46, NoOp <glgxg@sbcglobal.net> a écrit :

> To all the Ubuntu users/contributors in Japan & areas affected by the
> earthquake,
>
> I wish you, your families, and friends well.
>
> Gary

Me too, I pray for all people in Japan.

Old 03-12-2011, 12:20 AM
Thomas Blasejewicz

Good morning from Japan
Thank you!!

I am certainly not authorized to speak on behalf of the Japanese people,
but living right in the middle of what happened,

I would like to express my gratitude for your concern.
Although we have been spared, I am (unfortunately!) sure, there are many
people who were less lucky and for them every good word

will be a comfort.

Thank you list members.
Thomas

Old 03-12-2011, 12:31 AM
Chris

On Sat, 2011-03-12 at 09:25 +0800, bsfmig wrote:
> Wish all people there be safe and sound despite their nationality!
> Wish disasters on earth be fewer and not be bringing such damages as
> this!
>
> On Sat, Mar 12, 2011 at 09:20, Thomas Blasejewicz
> <thomas@s7.dion.ne.jp> wrote:
> Good morning from Japan
> Thank you!!
>
> I am certainly not authorized to speak on behalf of the
> Japanese people, but living right in the middle of what
> happened,
> I would like to express my gratitude for your concern.
> Although we have been spared, I am (unfortunately!) sure,
> there are many people who were less lucky and for them every
> good word
> will be a comfort.
>
> Thank you list members.
> Thomas
>

> (2011/03/12 8:46), NoOp wrote:
> To all the Ubuntu users/contributors in Japan& areas
> affected by the
> earthquake,
>
> I wish you, your families, and friends well.
>
> Gary

I would like to see Mr. Shuttleworth (in the name of Ubuntu) make a
considerable donation to the people of Japan in their time of need.

I would think that if Ubuntu takes the lead on something like that, the
user base would do the same.

To me, that would certainly embody the full meaning of Ubuntu!
Just a thought of course!

--
Keep well,

Chris

Old 03-12-2011, 02:05 AM
Wagner Sales

From Brazil,

I'll pray and hope the best for all the Japanese people after this big
disaster. I have friends living on Japan, and with lucky, wasn't
affected by this earthquake.

And for all here, please, if you want and can donate, just do it, but
take a lot of care about scams about. Unfortunately, we have a lot of
people expecting money on sad of others.

Regards,

Wagner

Old 03-12-2011, 03:37 AM
"Jeff G."

I would like to see Mr. Shuttleworth (in the name of Ubuntu) make a
considerable donation to the people of Japan in their time of need.

Bandstanding group is this
way-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------->

Theres an old saying - put your money where your mouth is.
Consider it.

Old 03-12-2011, 08:33 AM
Jacob Mansfield

we could just send all the world aid organisations Ubuntu CDs, that would speed up response time massively from using M$Jacob Mansfield
Programmer
CyberKing Solutions™

www.cyberkingsolutions.co.uk - I do know the database is down

"When Windows™ is opened the bugs come in."

SeeÂ*http://www.gnu.org/philosophy/no-word-attachments.html

Old 03-12-2011, 01:39 PM
"Cybe R. Wizard"

On Sat, 12 Mar 2011 09:33:13 +0000
Jacob Mansfield <cyberjacob@gmail.com> wrote:

> "When Windows™ is opened the bugs come in."

I see that you've cleaned it up grammatically, put in the, "is,"
instead of the, "are," to indicate the singular nature of Microsoft's
product and added the trademark sign.

Unfortunately, by so doing you have also killed the jokiness of the
phrase which is where all the fun was.

Good job!

BTW, you've also completely failed at attribution. See below:

Cybe R. Wizard
Winduhs

Old 03-12-2011, 08:34 PM
jdow

[...]

Might I suggest that you ask the Ubuntu people to establish a donation
collection point and publicize it here on the net. Then you can all show
your charity and have it come from the Ubuntu community. It would have
greater meaning that way.

{^_^}