Old 03-11-2011, 04:26 PM
Emet Barmor

Default 10GB and NFS

Hi,

Im using Ubuntu 8.04LTS running on IBM x355 1 U server. ( used as a client - accessing NFS large sequential read/write - file size start from 1GB )
I just installed intel 10GB NIC (( using the ixgbe module - using the latest module from intel )

I didnt change any setting of sysctl.conf not any other spacial NFS mount options expect rsize/wsize = 64K

The storage is using 10GB as well - there are many spindles so the bottleneck is not their.
I managed to write 90MB sec and read 70MB - ( tested with dd + cp ).

I wonder what are the recommendations of sysctl.conf or any module options for the ixgbe.
I hope im not missing any thing , however i am disappointed from the results.

I kindly ask for assistance.

Thanks

-Erez