Old 02-07-2008, 11:27 PM
"Alan E. Davis"

Default Viewing a separate X display (separate screens)

I have successfully established separate screens using an Nvidia
adaptor, w/ TV-out. I can't believe how painless it is, after the
years of dealing with video parameters! Wow!

So in my classroom, I am able to work on a full-resolution desktop on
my desk, while the class may be viewing a video clip. It would be
very convenient to be able to control the second (TV) display from the
desktop LCD display, in a window perhaps.

I do not want a cloned display, and the other set up I used with
twinview is a PITA, because my desktop display is constrained to the
resolution of the TV.

Is there a way to open a window to "spy" on the second display screen?

Thank you,

Alan

--
Alan Davis, Kagman High School, Saipan

"It's never a matter of liking or disliking ..."
---Santa Ynez Chumash Medicine Man