Old 03-10-2011, 07:44 AM
Tom H

Default Natty Alpha 3

Your mail client's HORRIBLE!

On Wed, Mar 9, 2011 at 1:53 PM, <clintin at linuxmail.org> wrote:

>>> Interesting that Grub2 1.99 would be released to the public with that known
>>> problem and risk.
>>>
>>> This particular bug is not listed in the release notes or know bugs. :-(
>>>
>>> See https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/grub2/+bug/730225
>>
>> You shouldn't be surprised that an alpha release is buggy!
>
> That link is not part of the release notes or known bug listing for Natty.
> Some bugs are expected, just not ones with the capability to trash you system.

The but was reported three days after alpha 3 was released.

You could request that it be added to the release notes.

Old 03-10-2011, 07:56 AM
Tom H

On Wed, Mar 9, 2011 at 6:04 PM, <clintin@linuxmail.org> wrote:

>>> Two more pfennigs: I loaded up my webserver configuration on Natty and
>>> found some of the packages were the same as 10.10!
>>
>> I don't know to which packages you're referring in "webserver configuration"
>> but if apache2's one of the applications involved, you're being rather harsh
>> with the developers - both Apache's andUbuntu's.
>>
> You can't expect major changes in every package every six months.
>
> Specifically, CakePHP in 11.04 is 1.3.2 (same as 10.10), the current stable
> release is 1.3.7. It was 1.2.5 in 10.04 so 10.10 (1.3.2) was a major
> improvement in the cake console, only 6 months later.

CakePHP's in universe, so you can blame Debian.

Natty's Debian import freeze was in December and Debian updated to
1.3.2-1 in June and to 1.3.7-1 in February, with no upgrades in
between.

You could install the Debian testing/unstable CakePHP deb.

Old 03-10-2011, 08:12 AM
Doug