-   -   Ubuntu 11.10 christened Oneiric Ocelot (http://www.linux-archive.org/ubuntu-user/499027-ubuntu-11-10-christened-oneiric-ocelot.html)

Basil Chupin 03-09-2011 02:33 AM

Ubuntu 11.10 christened Oneiric Ocelot

Mark Shuttleworth names Ubuntu 11.10 open-source OS, due out in October.

[Story]

http://www.itnews.com.au/News/250574,ubuntu-1110-christened-oneiric-ocelot.aspx

--
"Aaah....another pointless day when I've achieved nothing."
Bender, Futurama.

NoOp 03-09-2011 03:04 AM

On 03/08/2011 07:33 PM, Basil Chupin wrote:

> Mark Shuttleworth names Ubuntu 11.10 open-source OS, due out in October.
>
> [Story]
>
> http://www.itnews.com.au/News/250574,ubuntu-1110-christened-oneiric-ocelot.aspx

And do you have a technical question/issue?
ubuntu-users -- Ubuntu user technical support, not for general discussions
Or did you lose your way from Sounder? I suspect the latter.

Tab Gilbert 03-09-2011 03:28 AM

Ubuntu 11.10 christened Oneiric Ocelot

He is probably like the rest.* Overwhelming impressed with the new height Mr. Shuttleworth has reached in his naming sequence. It really is almost technical in nature and many will probably need dictionary support.

tab

Ric Moore 03-09-2011 03:41 AM

On Tue, 2011-03-08 at 22:28 -0600, Tab Gilbert wrote:
> He is probably like the rest. Overwhelming impressed with the new
> height Mr. Shuttleworth has reached in his naming sequence. It really
> is almost technical in nature and many will probably need dictionary
> support.

That is not a bad thing. I had one professor who's "Welcome to the
Class" statement was he promised that he would not "dumb down" and that
he also promised to use "big words" often, so we would learn of them.

Ric

Linux user# 44256

Basil Chupin 03-09-2011 05:10 AM

Ubuntu 11.10 christened Oneiric Ocelot

Mark Shuttleworth names Ubuntu 11.10 open-source OS, due out in October.

[Story]

http://www.itnews.com.au/News/250574,ubuntu-1110-christened-oneiric-ocelot.aspx

And do you have a technical question/issue?

Contains more techincal matter than your attempt at playing the resident
censor.

Have you read the article?