Old 03-08-2011, 08:01 PM
Richard Owlett

Default Ubuntu support in SW Missouri?

I live in Springfield, MO.
Only Linux users group I knew of died due to lack of interest.

I looked for a hardware/software vendor. All I found was someone
willing to sell me hardware, charge me for Windows(tm), charge me
for a Linux distro, charge me for installing Linux. Guess what
company will _NEVER_ get my business. *LOL* ;/

An acquaintance, knowing how I think, has recommended Ubuntu.

Comments?
TIA

[P.S. my email is valid]

Old 03-08-2011, 08:32 PM
MR ZenWiz

On Tue, Mar 8, 2011 at 1:01 PM, Richard Owlett <rowlett@pcnetinc.com> wrote:
> I live in Springfield, MO.
> Only Linux users group I knew of died due to lack of interest.
>
> I looked for a hardware/software vendor. All I found was someone willing to
> sell me hardware, charge me for Windows(tm), charge me for a Linux distro,
> charge me for installing Linux. Guess what company will _NEVER_ get my
> business. *LOL* ;/
>
> An acquaintance, knowing how I think, has recommended Ubuntu.

What, exactly, are you looking for?

Old 03-08-2011, 09:11 PM
David Fletcher

On Tue, 2011-03-08 at 15:01 -0600, Richard Owlett wrote:
> I live in Springfield, MO.
> Only Linux users group I knew of died due to lack of interest.
>
> I looked for a hardware/software vendor. All I found was someone
> willing to sell me hardware, charge me for Windows(tm), charge me
> for a Linux distro, charge me for installing Linux. Guess what
> company will _NEVER_ get my business. *LOL* ;/
>
> An acquaintance, knowing how I think, has recommended Ubuntu.
>
> Comments?
> TIA
>
> [P.S. my email is valid]

Are you willing to assemble your own hardware? It's not hard to do. I
can supply part numbers for the vital parts like motherboard, graphics
card, that went into my son's new Ubuntu PC.

Old 03-08-2011, 09:28 PM
Jonesy

On Tue, 08 Mar 2011 15:01:36 -0600, Richard Owlett wrote:
> I live in Springfield, MO.
> Only Linux users group I knew of died due to lack of interest.
>
> I looked for a hardware/software vendor. All I found was someone
> willing to sell me hardware, charge me for Windows(tm), charge me
> for a Linux distro, charge me for installing Linux. Guess what
> company will _NEVER_ get my business. *LOL* ;/
>
> An acquaintance, knowing how I think, has recommended Ubuntu.
>
> Comments?

http://zareason.com/shop/Desktops/

These people don't do any _steenkin_ WinDoze.

I am quite happy with the Ubuntu-loaded netbook I bought
from them a year ago.

Jonesy
--
Marvin L Jones | jonz | W3DHJ | linux

Old 03-08-2011, 10:45 PM
NoOp

On 03/08/2011 01:01 PM, Richard Owlett wrote:
> I live in Springfield, MO.
> Only Linux users group I knew of died due to lack of interest.
>
> I looked for a hardware/software vendor. All I found was someone
> willing to sell me hardware, charge me for Windows(tm), charge me
> for a Linux distro, charge me for installing Linux. Guess what
> company will _NEVER_ get my business. *LOL* ;/

Perhaps you can contact one of the folks here:
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/MissouriTeam
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/MissouriTeam/ContactUs
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/MissouriTeam/IRC

Old 03-09-2011, 01:19 AM
Tom H

On Tue, Mar 8, 2011 at 5:28 PM, Jonesy <gmane@jonz.net> wrote:
> On Tue, 08 Mar 2011 15:01:36 -0600, Richard Owlett wrote:
>>
>> I live in Springfield, MO.
>>
>> I looked for a hardware/software vendor. All I found was someone
>> willing to sell me hardware, charge me for Windows(tm), charge me
>> for a Linux distro, charge me for installing Linux. Guess what
>> company will _NEVER_ get my business. *LOL* ;/
>>
>> An acquaintance, knowing how I think, has recommended Ubuntu.
>
> *http://zareason.com/shop/Desktops/
>
> These people don't do any _steenkin_ WinDoze.

Or http://www.system76.com/ (I've never bought or used anything from
either zareason or system76).

Old 03-09-2011, 09:01 PM
Richard Owlett