Old 02-07-2008, 08:23 PM
"Leonardo Crochik"

Default actualizations needed due to motherboard change

Hello,

Due to hardware problems, i've just changed my motherboard and memory. Ubuntu looks fine, although the sound card appears to be broken, for example. What do I need to do in order to get my system correct. Do I need to reinstall ubuntu? Thanks in advance.

Leonardo

Old 02-07-2008, 08:30 PM
Karl Larsen

Leonardo Crochik wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Due to hardware problems, i've just changed my motherboard and memory.
> Ubuntu looks fine, although the sound card appears to be broken, for
> example. What do I need to do in order to get my system correct. Do I need
> to reinstall ubuntu? Thanks in advance.
>
> Leonardo

Since you have a completely new sound system on the new board you
may need to re-do the sound setup but I'm not sure how you do that. You
say this just an example of one that isn't working. What else is broken?

Karl

--

Karl F. Larsen, AKA K5DI
Linux User