Old 03-08-2011, 09:02 AM
Dotan Cohen

Default Cannot record sound with Java in web browser

I am trying to record voice clips for the Voxforge project, but I am
getting this error from Java:
java.security.accesscontrolexception: access denied
(javax.sound.sampled.AudioPermission record) ubuntu

Googling the issue I see others with the same problem, yet I cannot
find a solution. I am using the Sun Java version, not OpenJDK. I have
tried in both Firefox 3.6 and Google Chrome 9, same issue.

[1] http://voxforge.org/

--
Dotan Cohen

http://gibberish.co.il
http://what-is-what.com

Old 03-08-2011, 04:28 PM
Knute Johnson

I am trying to record voice clips for the Voxforge project, but I am
getting this error from Java:
java.security.accesscontrolexception: access denied
(javax.sound.sampled.AudioPermission record) ubuntu

Googling the issue I see others with the same problem, yet I cannot
find a solution. I am using the Sun Java version, not OpenJDK. I have
tried in both Firefox 3.6 and Google Chrome 9, same issue.

[1] http://voxforge.org/

Does recording require a signed applet?

knute...

Old 03-08-2011, 06:47 PM
Dotan Cohen

On Tue, Mar 8, 2011 at 19:28, Knute Johnson <ubuntu@knutejohnson.com> wrote:
> Does recording require a signed applet?

Yes, and the Voxforge site mentions this:
http://www.voxforge.org/home/read2/java

All the "requires" on that page I meet, and the Java is reported as
"Java Version 1.6.0_20 from Sun Microsystems Inc."

--
Dotan Cohen

http://gibberish.co.il
http://what-is-what.com

Old 03-08-2011, 07:36 PM
NoOp

On 03/08/2011 11:47 AM, Dotan Cohen wrote:
> On Tue, Mar 8, 2011 at 19:28, Knute Johnson <ubuntu@knutejohnson.com> wrote:
>> Does recording require a signed applet?
>>

> Yes, and the Voxforge site mentions this:
> http://www.voxforge.org/home/read2/java
>
> All the "requires" on that page I meet, and the Java is reported as
> "Java Version 1.6.0_20 from Sun Microsystems Inc."

You should update your java version. 20 has security issues. You should
be at Version 6 Update 24.
https://launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/sun-java6/
https://launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/sun-java6/6.24-1build0.10.10.1