Old 03-08-2011, 03:36 AM
Larry Vaden

Default ? specific to Compaq CL1850R; Debian 6 installs, but Ubuntu 10.10 & 11.02 alpha 2 hang early

Hello Ubuntu-Users,

This question is specific to the Compaq CL1850R with cpqarray (Smart2-DH).

Debian 6 i386 business card installs.

Ubuntu 10.10 i386 server and 11.04 Alpha 2 i386 server do not.

Is this likely an installer difference or could the matter likely be
resolved by including parms at boot time?

If so, what parms?

If you need additional information, please ask.

We have a number of these clusters and RH is dropping support for the
cpqarray effective RHEL6, so we're interested in Debian/Ubuntu but
would prefer Ubuntu over Debian.

Kind regards/ldv

--
Larry Vaden, CoFounder