Linux Archive

Linux Archive (http://www.linux-archive.org/)
-   Ubuntu User (http://www.linux-archive.org/ubuntu-user/)
-   -   mailman upgrade (http://www.linux-archive.org/ubuntu-user/498546-mailman-upgrade.html)

Noah 03-08-2011 03:17 AM

mailman upgrade
 
Hi there,

My qrunner is getting hung about every 3-24 hours. so I am trying to
solve the problem. It appears that I have the latest mailman version
installed but the OS and arch version are wrong. apt-get is attempting
to correct this. Does anybody know who to get dpkg and/or apt-get to
solve this problem. Here is the CLI output from apt-get.


---- snip ---

root@enabled:/var/lib/mailman/logs# apt-get upgrade
yeading package lists... 0%
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree
Reading state information... Done
The following packages will be upgraded:
mailman
1 upgraded, 0 newly installed, 0 to remove and 0 not upgraded.
22 not fully installed or removed.
Need to get 0B/8672kB of archives.
After this operation, 0B of additional disk space will be used.
Preconfiguring packages ...n]?
(Reading database ... 47240 files and directories currently installed.)
Preparing to replace mailman 1:2.1.9-9ubuntu1.2 (using
.../mailman_1%3a2.1.9-9ubuntu1.4_amd64.deb) ...
* Stopping Mailman master qrunner mailmanctl
[ OK ]
dpkg: error processing
/var/cache/apt/archives/mailman_1%3a2.1.9-9ubuntu1.4_amd64.deb (--unpack):

subprocess pre-installation script returned error exit status 1
No updates are necessary.

--- snip --

--
ubuntu-users mailing list
ubuntu-users@lists.ubuntu.com
Modify settings or unsubscribe at: https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/ubuntu-users

Marius Gedminas 03-08-2011 11:44 AM

mailman upgrade
 
On Mon, Mar 07, 2011 at 08:17:10PM -0800, Noah wrote:
> Hi there,
>
> My qrunner is getting hung about every 3-24 hours. so I am trying
> to solve the problem. It appears that I have the latest mailman
> version installed but the OS and arch version are wrong.

Huh? Could you be more specific? And show us the output of

apt-cache policy mailman

> apt-get is
> attempting to correct this. Does anybody know who to get dpkg
> and/or apt-get to solve this problem. Here is the CLI output from
> apt-get.
>
> ---- snip ---
>
> root@enabled:/var/lib/mailman/logs# apt-get upgrade
> yeading package lists... 0%
> Reading package lists... Done
> Building dependency tree
> Reading state information... Done
> The following packages will be upgraded:
> mailman
> 1 upgraded, 0 newly installed, 0 to remove and 0 not upgraded.
> 22 not fully installed or removed.

Okay, that's not very good. You need to run

sudo dpkg --configure -a

to get those 22 half-installed packages to complete their installation.

(In addition to resolving whatever's happening with mailman -- although
if apt-get succeeds in getting mailman to upgrade, it'll automatically
run that dpkg --configure -a command for you.)

> Need to get 0B/8672kB of archives.
> After this operation, 0B of additional disk space will be used.
> Preconfiguring packages ...n]?
> (Reading database ... 47240 files and directories currently installed.)
> Preparing to replace mailman 1:2.1.9-9ubuntu1.2 (using
> .../mailman_1%3a2.1.9-9ubuntu1.4_amd64.deb) ...
> * Stopping Mailman master qrunner mailmanctl [ OK ]
> dpkg: error processing
> /var/cache/apt/archives/mailman_1%3a2.1.9-9ubuntu1.4_amd64.deb
> (--unpack):
> subprocess pre-installation script returned error exit status 1

Is that it? You didn't see a debconf screen warning you about queue
files being present or anything like that?

Marius Gedminas
--
Alan Turing thought about criteria to settle the question of whether
machines can think, a question of which we now know that it is about
as relevant as the question of whether submarines can swim.
-- Dijkstra
--
ubuntu-users mailing list
ubuntu-users@lists.ubuntu.com
Modify settings or unsubscribe at: https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/ubuntu-users


All times are GMT. The time now is 02:31 AM.

VBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO ©2007, Crawlability, Inc.