Old 03-07-2011, 01:44 PM
stan

Default ksplice through squid?

I am trying to set up an Ubuntu 10.04 machine to use ksplice to keep it's
kernel up to data. This machine does not have direct access to the
Internet, so I have installed squid on another 10.94 machine that does.

It's been many years since I configured squid, and i seem to be missing
something here. I added this to the /etc/squid/squid/conf file"

acl localnet src XXX.YY.ZZZ.0/16

where XXX.YY.ZZZ.0/16 represnets teh netblock that the machine that needs
to use squid to get it's updatse. But when I run uptrack udate I get:

Unexpected error communicating with the Ksplice Uptrack server. Please
check your network connection and try again. If this error re-occurs,
e-mail support@ksplice.com.

(Network error: Received HTTP code 403 from proxy after CONNECT)

The squid access log shows:

1299508863.428 0 XXX.YY.ZZZ.134 TCP_DENIED/403 1505 CONNECT
updates.ksplice.com:443 - NONE/- text/html
1299508904.445 0 XXX.YY.ZZZ.134 TCP_DENIED/403 1505 CONNECT
updates.ksplice.com:443 - NONE/- text/html

The machine that I installed squid on already gets it's updates using
ksplice, so I know it can get to the outside machine.

What am I doing wrong?