Old 02-07-2008, 06:46 PM
Bart Silverstrim

Default Webcam recording question

I have seen applications that can capture video from a webcam, and I've
seen that my Ubuntu system can use my webcam as a USB microphone (when I
hit "test" in the sound preferences).

Is there some way, or some application, where I can simply record sound
and video from my webcam as if it were a...I don't know how to describe
it but to say a video journal.

For example, on the Mac you can use iMovie to capture video from the
iSight as a video source and record yourself. Can this be done on the
Mac? Seems like the pieces are there in different applications to some
degree.

Old 02-08-2008, 12:31 AM

Depends on your webcam.
I've gotten videoview to do this.
Camorama is supposed to work, but it doesn't see my webcam.
There's at least one other program, the name of which escapes me at the moment.
Check out the ubuntu wiki
Good luck,
Paul
From: Bart Silverstrim <bsilver@chrononomicon.com>