Old 03-06-2011, 01:07 PM
Thomas Blasejewicz

Default nautilus + terminal

The other day I tried / installed LibreOffice.

During the procedure - I was reading the instruction - it said
there:

"open Nautilus - more to folder .... - right click within that
folder and choose "open in terminal"

I tried this many times and in all possible manners I could think
of, but nowhere/never was there the option to "open in terminal".

It would be IMMENSELY helpful, if that could be done, instead of
typing some novel-long "cd command",

which will not work, naturally, if you mistype just one little
letter along the (LONG) way.

Thank you for your guidance.

Thomas

Old 03-06-2011, 01:29 PM
Tony Pursell

On Sun, 2011-03-06 at 23:07 +0900, Thomas Blasejewicz wrote:
> The other day I tried / installed LibreOffice.
> During the procedure - I was reading the instruction - it said there:
> "open Nautilus - more to folder .... - right click within that folder
> and choose "open in terminal"
>
> I tried this many times and in all possible manners I could think of,
> but nowhere/never was there the option to "open in terminal".
>
> It would be IMMENSELY helpful, if that could be done, instead of
> typing some novel-long "cd command",
> which will not work, naturally, if you mistype just one little letter
> along the (LONG) way.
>
> Thank you for your guidance.
> Thomas

Hi Thomas

I wonder how you installed LibreOffice? It is not available in the
current version of Ubuntu so you can only install it from a source like
LibreOffice itself. This means that the instructions you are given do
not necessarily come from Ubuntu.

I'm sure that someone here can help you, but you also have the option to
wait until the next version of Ubuntu, which will be available at the
end of April, as it will include LibreOffice in the standard install and
there will be no special action needed by you to install it.

Tony