Old 03-05-2011, 07:55 PM
Derek Maciel

Default htaccess + php = HTTP 500 Internal Error

I wrote a simple htaccess and php script for my CMS, and it works
great in XAMPP on Windows. However, I moved it to an Ubuntu Minimal
10.10 with apache, php, mysql, etc. installed.

I enabled the rewrite plugin and allowed htaccess override. However,
when I point my browser to that folder, I get a 500 Internal Error.

Even deleting that .htaccess file gives me a 500 error. The only thing
I can do to get it to change is to put an echo before I initialize my
class, but it doesn't initialize the class after the echo like it
should. Deleting the echo just gives an HTTP 500.

http://pastebin.com/WvjEVGXE <-- My index.php file

Is there something I forgot to enable when I installed PHP or Apache?
This hasn't happened to me before.

Old 03-05-2011, 08:49 PM
Spajderix

Hi,

you probably should ask php specific question on forums or IRC's about php language. Check out error.log, default in /var/log/apache2/error.log, it should give you enough info.

Old 03-05-2011, 09:01 PM
Thibault Dupuis

[...]

It's a bug with Apache and not with your index.phpPost your httpd.conf .

Old 03-05-2011, 09:32 PM
Derek Maciel

On Sat, Mar 5, 2011 at 5:01 PM, Thibault Dupuis <thibault@dthibault.fr> wrote:

> It's a bug with Apache and not with your index.php
> Post your httpd.conf .

It was an error in my php script, I checked my error logs but didn't
see anything, but I checked again and saw that it was a PHP error. So,
I fixed it.

Old 03-05-2011, 09:34 PM
Hal Burgiss

Is there something I forgot to enable when I installed PHP or Apache?

This hasn't happened to me before.

Post install. Probably a configuration issue. What does the error_log show? There should be something, somewhere in a log. I'd look in /etc/apache2/logs/error.log first. *Usually* that will give enough info to be able to troubleshoot. *

--
Hal