Old 03-07-2011, 11:44 AM
Billie Walsh

Default Jesus! I hate 11.04, WTF happened? This is awful. Somebody's head should be smacked!

On 03/07/2011 05:16 AM, Niki Kovacs wrote:

Le 06/03/2011 19:01, NoOp a écrit :

Your analogy doesn't work. Nor does it make any sense. Oh, and I bought
my first Ducati in 1968...

In 1968 I was one year old, and I vaguely remember sitting on my dad's
BMW )

<OT>

But my analogy is still partially correct, in that nowadays I
sometimes chase the odd sports bike on my battered BMW R100R on our
South French mountain roads. I've been a bike courier for a few years,
which somewhat affected my driving style.

</OT>

I didn't know there were so many beta testers on this list. Duly noted.

Cheers from a happy Ubuntu user,

Niki Kovacs

When I read the comment it brought to mind two bikes I had. One was a
Kawasaki KZ-400 twin. Small, light, quick and agile. About as much fun
as you can have with your clothes on around town, but get it out on the
highway and it wore you down in no time. The other was a KZ-750 four
cylinder. Big, heavy, powerful, haul your butt down the road so fast the
telephone poles looked like pickets in a picket fence, but you could
ride all day on the highway.

_ _... ..._ _
_._ ._ ..... ._.. ... .._

Old 03-14-2011, 12:03 AM
chris

On Sat, 2011-03-05 at 10:11 +0000, Alan Pope wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On 5 March 2011 10:02, sdavmor <sdavmor@systemstheory.net> wrote:
> > So...I want gnome back on my desktop immediately and unity drop-kicked
> > over the horizon, never to be seen again.
> >

> Booting 11.04 to the logon screen you'll find an option to choose
> 'session'. You can select Classic GNOME for the traditional 2-panel
> layout you're used to.
>
> > ...and I despise Firefox 4 (barf). It's as bad (maybe worse) than
> > Idiot Explorer 8. I never thought I'd say that about a *nix based
> > browser. So I want my 3.6x back.
> >

> Mozilla provide the source code and binary installers for their
> browser. You can get them from their website.
>
> Al.

Icecat browser from the repositories. My personal choice
cheers the kiwi

Old 03-14-2011, 04:22 AM
sdavmor

So...I want gnome back on my desktop immediately and unity drop-kicked
over the horizon, never to be seen again.

Booting 11.04 to the logon screen you'll find an option to choose
'session'. You can select Classic GNOME for the traditional 2-panel
layout you're used to.

...and I despise Firefox 4 (barf). It's as bad (maybe worse) than
Idiot Explorer 8. I never thought I'd say that about a *nix based
browser. So I want my 3.6x back.

Mozilla provide the source code and binary installers for their
browser. You can get them from their website.

Al.

Icecat browser from the repositories. My personal choice
cheers the kiwi

Solved on both fronts over a week ago. I'll keep Icecat in mind to
look at down the road.

http://mikedickson.org.uk