Old 03-05-2011, 05:56 PM
dave

Default Places goto Shotwell

Clicking on folders under Places like Home,Documents, Music, brings up
Shotwell. How can I fix this?

Old 03-05-2011, 06:44 PM
"Johnny Rosenberg"

Den 2011-03-05 19:56:23 skrev dave <dcroden@telus.net>:

Clicking on folders under Places like Home,Documents, Music, brings up
Shotwell. How can I fix this?

gedit ~/.local/share/applications/mimeapps.list
Search for ”inode” (without the quotes). You'll probably find a line
looking something like this:

inode/directory=shotwell-viewer.desktop;…

I don't know what happened and what is the correct line, but mine looks
like this (and it works for me):

inode/directory=nautilus-folder-handler.desktop;vlc.desktop;totem.desktop;

Don't forget to take a backup of your file before changing it, just in
case anything would go wrong. Here's one way, among lots of others, to
backup that file:

cp ~/.local/share/applications/mimeapps.list
~/.local/share/applications/mimeapps.list.backup.$(date +%y%m%d)

--
Kind regards

Johnny Rosenberg

Old 03-06-2011, 11:48 PM
dave

Thanks Johnny works like a charm.On Sat, 2011-03-05 at 20:44 +0100,