Old 02-07-2008, 05:50 PM
"Liam Proven"

Default Program

On 07/02/2008, jainarine ramsundar <j_ramsundar@hotmail.com> wrote:

> Hi
> Can you please help me with th following Problems.
>
> 1) I have install Ubuntu on my Laptop the big problem is that i have
> install it several time on start up i have to select which one to open can
> you please help me to delete the others / format my hard drive so that i can
> install a fresh copy. Currently i have to select one of the following:
>
> ubuntu 7.10, kernel 2.6.22-14-generic
> ubuntu 7.10, kernel 2.6.22-14-generic (recovery mode)
> ubuntu 7.10, memtest86*
> Other operating systems:
> ubuntu kernel 2.6.12-9-386 (on /dev/sda1)
> ubuntu kernel 2.6.12-9-386 (recovery mode) (on /dev/sda1)
> ubuntu memtest86* (on /dev/sda1)
>
> I really need to know how to delete those other

Have you got multiple installs in different partitions, or just one
that you have upgraded?

> 2) Also can to tell me how to set up a VPN connection on ubuntu 7.10,
> kernel 2.6.22-14-generic

Depends... What system are you connecting into?

AOL/AIM/iChat: liamproven@aol.com • MSN/Messenger: lproven@hotmail.com
Yahoo: liamproven@yahoo.co.uk • Skype: liamproven • ICQ: 73187508

Old 02-07-2008, 06:01 PM
jainarine ramsundar

Sir That I have not idea is the some way i can check it to know

*

Have you got multiple installs in different partitions, or just one
> that you have upgraded?

Currently i would like to run a remote access VPN or can you recommend one that would not decrease my ISP speed.

Thank you

Old 02-09-2008, 07:54 PM
Dan Farrell

On Thu, 7 Feb 2008 18:27:18 +0000
jainarine ramsundar <j_ramsundar@hotmail.com> wrote:

> 2) Also can to tell me how to set up a VPN connection on ubuntu 7.10,
> kernel 2.6.22-14-generic
> Thank you for your urgent help

Check out openVPN, it is the tool to do what you want. Ubuntu _should_
include tun/tap support in the kernel (modprobe tun)