Old 03-05-2011, 09:15 AM
sdavmor

Default Jesus! I hate 11.04, WTF happened? This is awful. Somebody's head should be smacked!

On 03/05/2011 02:11 AM, Alan Pope wrote:

Hi,

On 5 March 2011 10:02, sdavmor<sdavmor@systemstheory.net> wrote:

So...I want gnome back on my desktop immediately and unity
drop-kicked over the horizon, never to be seen again.

Booting 11.04 to the logon screen you'll find an option to choose
'session'. You can select Classic GNOME for the traditional
2-panel layout you're used to.

...and I despise Firefox 4 (barf). It's as bad (maybe worse)
than Idiot Explorer 8. I never thought I'd say that about a *nix
based browser. So I want my 3.6x back.

Mozilla provide the source code and binary installers for their
browser. You can get them from their website.

Al.

Thank you! May {deity of your choice} shower you with blessings and
protect you from whatever malevolence possessed Shuttleworth et al
for this profound put-me-out-of-misery stupidity!
http://mikedickson.org.uk

Old 03-05-2011, 01:20 PM
Johnny

I like 11.4. I login auto. So is there a way for me to use the Classic
GNMOME? Just would like to try it.

Thanks and God Bless Johnny3

Old 03-05-2011, 02:05 PM
Billie Walsh

...and I despise Firefox 4 (barf). It's as bad (maybe worse) than
Idiot Explorer 8. I never thought I'd say that about a *nix based
browser. So I want my 3.6x back.

According to the Firefox website 4.x is still a beta also.

Old 03-05-2011, 06:36 PM
sdavmor