Old 03-04-2011, 12:41 AM
Jim Byrnes

Default Application launcher

I tried to use a desktop shortcut to launch an ooBase form and a dialog
popped up saying it was not trusted with the only option being to cancel.

How do I mark it as trusted?

Thanks, Jim

Old 03-04-2011, 01:14 AM
MR ZenWiz

On Thu, Mar 3, 2011 at 5:41 PM, Jim Byrnes <jf_byrnes@comcast.net> wrote:
> I tried to use a desktop shortcut to launch an ooBase form and a dialog
> popped up saying it was not trusted with the only option being to cancel.
>
> How do I mark it as trusted?

What are the properties of the shortcut? Is it just an icon on your
desktop or is it in a panel (this may not be relevant)? How did you
put it where it is (this may be the key)?

I just copied a file from a nautilus folder to my desktop and it
opened just fine when double-clicked, so there must be something a
little more subtle about yours.

Old 03-04-2011, 01:55 AM
Jim Byrnes

MR ZenWiz wrote:

I tried to use a desktop shortcut to launch an ooBase form and a dialog
popped up saying it was not trusted with the only option being to cancel.

How do I mark it as trusted?

What are the properties of the shortcut? Is it just an icon on your
desktop or is it in a panel (this may not be relevant)? How did you
put it where it is (this may be the key)?

I just copied a file from a nautilus folder to my desktop and it
opened just fine when double-clicked, so there must be something a
little more subtle about yours.

It was put there by an open office extension. I don't remember the
properties. I found another way to do what I need to do, so I deleted
the shortcut and the extension.

Thanks, Jim