Old 03-02-2011, 11:42 PM
Jay Ridgley

Default Connection Problems with newly purchased and ubuntu installed system

Folks,

I have been trying for about 2 weeks to know all I understand about this stuff...

I was having problems upgrading my firewall system (not enough disk) so I
purchased a new one. Installed all the software and configured it just as I
have my old one (I thought). However, when I replace my old computer with this
new "improved" system, everything works as expected EXCEPT obtaining a
connection to the Internet.

I am using dhcp to connect but a connection is not granted. What is the problem
or where should I start looking to discover the reason why?

I am running 10.04.2 LTS on the new system and 08.04 LTS on my old one. The
installed software is plain vanilla with the exception of Shorewall which went
from 4.0 to 4.4.

I can swap the old one for the new one and no connection. Bring up the old one
again and no problems.

Any suggestions appreciated.

Thanks,
Jay