Old 03-02-2011, 09:46 AM
Oliver Marshall

Default Outputting to console and file

Hi,
*
We have a script that archives specified SVN repos, rars them up, uploads them to an FTP site, then removes the original. Currently all the output goes to the console as it runs but as the output can get large I’m keen to log the output to a file AND the console at once.
*
I can pipe the script to a file but then I get no console output.
*
Within the file is there a way to send the output of each line to both the console and a file ?

Olly

Old 03-02-2011, 09:49 AM
Tom H

On Wed, Mar 2, 2011 at 5:46 AM, Oliver Marshall
<Oliver.Marshall@g2support.com> wrote:

> We have a script that archives specified SVN repos, rars them up, uploads
> them to an FTP site, then removes the original. Currently all the output
> goes to the console as it runs but as the output can get large I’m keen to
> log the output to a file AND the console at once.
>
> I can pipe the script to a file but then I get no console output.
>
> Within the file is there a way to send the output of each line to both the
> console and a file ?

tee