Old 03-01-2011, 04:13 PM
larmbr zhan

Default the ~/Downloads directory closes automatically once i open it

Hi,all.The odd thing ,as i state in subject happen today.I didn't do any*irregular thing .

i have tried to use strace to debug it,but found nothing valuable

Could anyone figure this out?

Sincere Regards!-----------------------------------

on the way

Old 03-01-2011, 04:20 PM
Colin Law

On 1 March 2011 17:13, larmbr zhan <nasa4836@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,all.
> The odd thing ,as i state in subject happen today.
> I didn't do any*irregular thing .
> i have tried to use strace to debug it,but found nothing valuable
> Could anyone figure this out?

Which version of Ubuntu

How are you opening it? In nautilus (gnome file manager)?

Does nautilus crash of is it just that window that closes? Open
another nautilus window on home dir at the same time and see if that
stays open.

What happens if you open a terminal Applications > Accessories >
Terminal and type
cd Downloads
ls

Colin

Old 03-01-2011, 05:44 PM
MR ZenWiz

On Tue, Mar 1, 2011 at 9:13 AM, larmbr zhan <nasa4836@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,all.
> The odd thing ,as i state in subject happen today.
> I didn't do any*irregular thing .
> i have tried to use strace to debug it,but found nothing valuable
> Could anyone figure this out?

Maybe, if we could get some real information - what you wrote is so
context-free the collective genius of this list would still not be
able to help.

Please provide some mundane details, like which Ubuntu release you are
running, which desktop manager, what you did that revealed the problem
(in easily repeatable steps) and we will have a much better chance of
helping you.

Old 03-01-2011, 07:15 PM
sam tygier

On 01/03/11 17:13, larmbr zhan wrote:

Hi,all.
The odd thing ,as i state in subject happen today.
I didn't do any irregular thing .

i have tried to use strace to debug it,but found nothing valuable
Could anyone figure this out?

if you disable previews in nautilus does it still crash?

Old 03-02-2011, 01:53 AM
larmbr zhan

On Wed, Mar 2, 2011 at 1:20 AM, Colin Law <clanlaw@googlemail.com> wrote:

On 1 March 2011 17:13, larmbr zhan <nasa4836@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,all.

> The odd thing ,as i state in subject happen today.

> I didn't do any*irregular thing .

> i have tried to use strace to debug it,but found nothing valuable

> Could anyone figure this out?

Which version of Ubuntu

How are you opening it? *In nautilus (gnome file manager)?

Does nautilus crash of is it just that window that closes? *Open

another nautilus window on home dir at the same time and see if that

stays open.

What happens if you open a terminal Applications > Accessories >

Terminal and type

cd Downloads

ls

Colin

I 'm sorry for my neglect.My environment is ubuntu10.04*GNOME nautilus 2.32.0I don't think i have did anything wrong,just extracting a tarball in it.I tried to delete it in terminal and*everything goes well.

And I straced it ,but did't found anything wrong.
update:I reboot it,it *goes back to normal..