Old 03-01-2011, 12:50 PM
Kaushal Shriyan

Default USB Mobile Broadband Service

Hi

How do we address the issues of making it work the latest chipset provided by the Service Provider to make it work on Ubuntu Desktops. I mean whenever there is a new USB Mobile Broadband Service chipset available in Market how do we make them work in Ubuntu. Do i need to update my Desktop to the latest release every time ?

For example : I use Tata Photon + with EC1260 chipset which works in Ubuntu 10.10 but when i try to use the latest Tata Photon + with EC152 chipset it does not work out of the box.

Please suggest/guide further.

Thanks

Kaushal