Old 03-01-2011, 08:22 AM
Tapas Mishra

Default options to create guest OS in virt-manager are greyed out on Lucid 10.04 64 bit

Hi,
I just installed a pv-ops Dom0 2.6.32.27 Kernel on a 64 bit non VT machine.
Following instructions here
http://wiki.xensource.com/xenwiki/Xen4.0
for 64 bit Ubuntu 10.04

apt-get install bcc bin86 gawk bridge-utils iproute libcurl3
libcurl4-openssl-dev bzip2 module-init-tools transfig tgif texinfo
texlive-latex-base texlive-latex-recommended texlive-fonts-extra
texlive-fonts-recommended pciutils-dev mercurial build-essential
make gcc libc6-dev zlib1g-dev python python-dev python-twisted
libncurses5-dev patch libvncserver-dev libsdl-dev libjpeg62-dev iasl
libbz2-dev e2fslibs-dev git-core uuid-dev ocaml libx11-dev bison flex

apt-get install gcc-multilib
apt-get install xz-utils

make xen
make tools
make install-xen
make install-tools PYTHON_PREFIX_ARG=

I did not do make install-stubdom.

It is a Ubuntu Desktop 10.04 amd64 bit version.
Then as mentioned here on this guide
http://bderzhavets.wordpress.com/2010/03/26/virst-installvirt-manager-at-xen-4-0-rc8-2-6-32-10-pvops-dom0-on-top-ubuntu-karmic-koala-server/
(I did not follow the above guide strictly)

Commented out (xend-unix-server yes) in /etc/xen/xend-config.sxp ,
here is my xend-config.sxp
http://pastebin.com/M8CfrqBc
Then exported variable VIRSH_DEFAULT_CONNECT_URI=”xen:///”
in root’s .bashrc.
Then :-
# apt-get install ubuntu-virt-server ubuntu-virt-mgmt

Now when I open virt-manager the option to install from Local ISO or
PXE are greyed out.
virt-manager version is 0.8.2

Let me know if there is any possibility of improvement so that I can
get the option of install from Local ISO here.
Even in case of http install from local machine things did not worked.
Let me know what log you people would like to see to understand this
problem as I right now do not have any clue for this problem for
virt-manager.

--
http://mightydreams.blogspot.com