Old 02-06-2008, 08:16 PM
Mike McMullin

Default set up a fax modem as a printer device ( on 7.10)

I'm looking for info on how to do the above. What I've read says to
edit /etc/printcap which does not exist on the system. I have not
configured any printers on this system yet as it is being built by me
for another party and I don't yet have access to the printer that will
be used.

Mike

Old 02-07-2008, 04:07 AM
scott

Mike McMullin wrote:

I'm looking for info on how to do the above. What I've read says to
edit /etc/printcap which does not exist on the system. I have not
configured any printers on this system yet as it is being built by me
for another party and I don't yet have access to the printer that will
be used.

Mike

How can anyone answer a question if you don't know exactly what drivers
are needed,or anything else that can be of use.

I have a printer that is fax capable that works with no problem.Well,a
couple,but it was no big deal.

Be more specific with actual,not probable problems.You'll get more help
when you have the specifics.

Regards,
Scott