Old 02-06-2008, 07:23 PM
Bernard Peek

Default Ubuntu Installation

Prosenjit Chakravorty wrote:
> Sir/Madam
>
> I want to Install Ubuntu Linux on the following hardware
>
> Intel 2.2 Ghz Core 2 Duo, Intel 945GCNL Mother/Main Board, Kingston
> 512MB RAM,&m seagate Hard Disk (sata)
>
> I'm NOT Able to Load/Install ubuntu Linux........
>
> (ALL THE HARDWARE COMPONENETS ARE OK & FINE)
>
> Please guide me How to Solve my Problem
>
> Anticipating an early reply/solutions.

You haven't given us much information to work with. Did you start with a
live CD or DVD? If so, did your machine successfully boot from it? If
not, did you see any error messages - what were they?

--
bap@shrdlu.com

Old 02-06-2008, 08:31 PM
"Mario Spinthiras"

In order to actually solve a problem you have to provide information adequate to visualize what you did , and why it failed , that includes error messages. Be elaborate.

Regards,
Mario A. Spinthiras
Nicosia , Cyprus
Blog: http://www.blupenguin.com
Mail: mario@blupenguin.com
Skype: smario125

Old 02-07-2008, 12:29 AM
Matías Graña

On Wed, Feb 06, 2008 at 06:28:58PM +0530, Prosenjit Chakravorty wrote:
> Sir/Madam
>
> I want to Install Ubuntu Linux on the following hardware
>
> Intel 2.2 Ghz Core 2 Duo, Intel 945GCNL Mother/Main Board, Kingston 512MB
> RAM,&m seagate Hard Disk (sata)
>
> I'm NOT Able to Load/Install ubuntu Linux........
>
> (ALL THE HARDWARE COMPONENETS ARE OK & FINE)
>
> Please guide me How to Solve my Problem
>
> Anticipating an early reply/solutions.
>
> With Lot of thanks
> Prosenjit Chakravorty
> C-3, Madhab Shankar Housing Complex,
> Pandav Nagar, Boripara,
> A T Road, Guwahati - 781012,
> Assam. India.
> Phone:+91-94351-12734

Have you tried the 64bit installation? I had to resort to 64bit with my
Core 2 duo, as the 32bit one didn't work. Now, 64bit works like a charm.

HTH,
--
Matías Graña
matiasg@dm.uba.ar

Old 06-30-2008, 09:13 PM
"Robert Warmack"

Hello,
***** I am an entirely new Linux user who has just recently built a new computer.* I wanted to install Kunbuntu on this new computer directly (with no other OS).* From what I gathered their is a way to do this installation over an in-home network.* I was unable to get the alternate installation CD to work (my motherboard doesn't like my CD drive), so this network installation seems like the thing for me to do.* Can anyone direct me towards a place which gives step by step instructions on how to do this?* Thank you for your time!

Old 07-01-2008, 01:03 AM
elmo

Robert Warmack wrote:
> Hello,
> I am an entirely new Linux user who has just recently built a new
> computer. I wanted to install Kunbuntu on this new computer directly (with
> no other OS). From what I gathered their is a way to do this installation
> over an in-home network. I was unable to get the alternate installation CD
> to work (my motherboard doesn't like my CD drive), so this network
> installation seems like the thing for me to do. Can anyone direct me
> towards a place which gives step by step instructions on how to do this?
> Thank you for your time!
>
> Robert

Your problem isn't really a UBUNTU or Linux problem. You need to first
find out why your computer's motherboard
doesn't like your CD drive, otherwise you'll have nothing but trouble
with the computer.

Old 07-01-2008, 02:49 PM
Anton Hofmann

Old 01-22-2011, 03:26 PM
Lucio M Nicolosi

On Sat, Jan 22, 2011 at 10:24 AM, Afonso Lopes
<afonsocruzlopes@gmail.com> wrote:

> [...]

Is there a "Notebook" version for Ubuntu?

--
L M Nicolosi, Eng.
GNU-Linux Regist. User #481505 - http://counter.li.org/

Old 01-22-2011, 03:44 PM
Afonso Lopes

Yes, it is.

Old 01-22-2011, 03:47 PM
Calcpage

On Jan 22, 2011, at 11:26 AM, Lucio M Nicolosi <lmnicolosi@gmail.com>
wrote:

On Sat, Jan 22, 2011 at 10:24 AM, Afonso Lopes

I have installed the Ubuntu Desktop 10.10 in my note book and now I
want to

change to the notebook version. I have windows Vista installed.
what must I do to ?

Is there a "Notebook" version for Ubuntu?

--
L M Nicolosi, Eng.
GNU-Linux Regist. User #481505 - http://counter.li.org/
Ubuntu 10.10 AMD64

Isn't that UNE, Ubuntu Netbook Edition? There's 3 editions of Ubuntu
including Desktop and Server as well.

HTH,
A. Jorge Garcia
Applied Math & CS
Baldwin SHS & Nassau CC
http://shadowfaxrant.blogspot.com
http://www.youtube.com/calcpage2009
Sent from my iPod

Old 01-22-2011, 04:04 PM
Colin Law

On 22 January 2011 12:24, Afonso Lopes <afonsocruzlopes@gmail.com> wrote:

> [...]

No need to re-install, just boot into 10.10 and install ubuntu-netbook
(using synaptic or whatever you prefer) and that will give you the
option of using UNE on the login screen.

Colin