Old 02-06-2008, 10:09 AM
sp200606

Default Open office lacks window decoration occationally

Hi,

if you're still struggling, here you go:

open ~/.openoffice.org2/user/registry/data/org/openoffice/Setup.xcu

and look for
<node oor:name="com.sun.star.text.TextDocument">
<prop oor:name="ooSetupFactoryWindowAttributes" oor:type="xs:string">
<value>5,49,920,875;53;0,49,1680,975;</value>
</prop>
you will find <value> to be the cause of the problem. Change them to lower
figures, save, and restart soffice...

Best regards.

Stéphane POGGI

Old 02-06-2008, 07:17 PM
Bart Silverstrim

sp200606 wrote:
> Hi,
>
> if you're still struggling, here you go:
>
> open ~/.openoffice.org2/user/registry/data/org/openoffice/Setup.xcu
>
> and look for
> <node oor:name="com.sun.star.text.TextDocument">
> <prop oor:name="ooSetupFactoryWindowAttributes" oor:type="xs:string">
> <value>5,49,920,875;53;0,49,1680,975;</value>
> </prop>
> you will find <value> to be the cause of the problem. Change them to lower
> figures, save, and restart soffice...

Seems to have had a positive effect! I altered the values for the one
under spreadsheet, and the window now seems to be resized properly and
holds a new size at exit!!

How did you figure this one out?!

-Bart

Old 02-07-2008, 06:52 AM
sp200606

> How did you figure this one out?!

Mostly trial and error. Basically, I moved the whole folder
~/.openoffice.org2/ and then re-inserted it a part at a time until it
soffice went wrong again. Then moved that part off again and re-inserted
little by little, or file by file. Once the culprit had been spotted, I
peered into it and compared with the default file created when launching
soffice.

Hope it's (kind of) clear!!!

Regards,

Stéphane POGGI