Old 02-05-2008, 08:38 AM
"Moncy Abraham"

Default ubuntu unable to see windows partition

Hi all,

Recently I did an online upgrade of my Ubuntu Gutsy system.
I have an AMD 64 machine dual booted with Windows and Ubuntu.
Ubuntu used to be able to see my Windows partition but now after the upgrade the icon on my desktop has vanished.

Any suggestions on what to do?

Regards,
Moncy
--
Abraham Moncy Eapen,
Sun Certified Java Programmer,

Old 02-06-2008, 08:36 PM
"Mario Spinthiras"

To begin with can you see the partition properly in parted or fdisk ? Can you manually mount the drive ? Also try the -o force option with mount since we are referring to stupid NTFS. Why do you have Windows anyway ?

Regards,Mario A. Spinthiras
Nicosia , Cyprus
Blog: http://www.blupenguin.com
Mail: mario@blupenguin.com

Skype: smario125

Old 02-06-2008, 09:04 PM
NoOp

On 02/05/2008 01:38 AM, Moncy Abraham wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Recently I did an online upgrade of my Ubuntu Gutsy system.
> I have an AMD 64 machine dual booted with Windows and Ubuntu.
> Ubuntu used to be able to see my Windows partition but now after the upgrade
> the icon on my desktop has vanished.
> Any suggestions on what to do?
>
> Regards,
> Moncy

What does your fstab show for that device?

Try:

sudo mount -a

and see if the drive mounts. If not it should return an error message
that points to the problem.