Old 02-06-2008, 12:47 PM
Larry Shields

Default Wireless Problems SOLVED with a Program I have found...

*I have had a problem in getting my NetGear Wireless adapter WG111v2 to
work correctly...I also have seen others that have had problems also, so
I would like to pass this info on, so that others can try it out...The
program is called RUTILT V0.16
it can be downloaded at http://cbbk.free.fr/bonrom/

It works great for me...Hope this will help others... ;-)

Larry
*

--
Powered by Debian/GNU/Linux
by Ubuntu ver 7.10 Gutsy Gibbon

"This is Linux Country,
on a quiet night you can hear
WINDOZE ! Systems REBOOTING !!"

Old 02-06-2008, 04:51 PM
Larry Shields

NoOp wrote:
> On 02/06/2008 05:47 AM, Larry Shields wrote:
>
>> *I have had a problem in getting my NetGear Wireless adapter WG111v2 to
>> work correctly...I also have seen others that have had problems also, so
>> I would like to pass this info on, so that others can try it out...The
>> program is called RUTILT V0.16
>> it can be downloaded at http://cbbk.free.fr/bonrom/
>>
>> It works great for me...Hope this will help others... ;-)
>>
>> Larry
>> *
>>

> Not much info there - what does it allow you to do?
>
> BTW: RUTILT is available in the repos:
>
> http://packages.ubuntu.com/gutsy/net/rutilt

*Well for one, I had a problem in getting my NetGear WG111v2 wireless
adapter to connect up too our cable modem...I have also read many
articles, users list including ubuntu's how to install wireless adapter,
with many people having problems...The same as I was, but when I found
this program it works just fine...

So what it allows is to setup your wireless connection by giving the
Profile, & ssid, plus the key <password>...It then connects right up...

Easy... ;-)

Larry
*

Old 02-06-2008, 09:19 PM
NoOp

Old 02-06-2008, 09:34 PM
Gerard Bendotti

Larry Shields wrote:
> *I have had a problem in getting my NetGear Wireless adapter WG111v2 to
> work correctly...I also have seen others that have had problems also, so
> I would like to pass this info on, so that others can try it out...The
> program is called RUTILT V0.16
> it can be downloaded at http://cbbk.free.fr/bonrom/
>
> It works great for me...Hope this will help others... ;-)
>
> Larry
> *

wicd sorted out my problems with wireless, http://wicd.sourceforge.net/

It has proven to be robust and stable for me.