Old 01-28-2011, 08:03 PM
stan

Default Can't find sun-java6-plugin

I have some network switches that need the Java plugin in the browser to
manage. I am installing a new Ubuntu 10.04 machine that I need this to work
on, and it does not, as it cannot find some of the needed classes. Looking
at the dpkg -l results from another machine thta this does work on, I find
that I think I need sun-java6-plugin. But apt-get install of that says:

Couldn't find package sun-java6-plugin

What am I doing wrong?

I have some network switches that need the Java plugin in the browser to
manage. I am installing a new Ubuntu 10.04 machine that I need this to work
on, and it does not, as it cannot find some of the needed classes. Looking
at the dpkg -l results from another machine thta this does work on, I find
that I think I need sun-java6-plugin. But apt-get install of that says:

Couldn't find package sun-java6-plugin

What am I doing wrong?

sudo add-apt-repository "deb http://archive.canonical.com/ lucid partner"

Then sudo apt-get update&& sudo apt-get install sun-java6-plugin