Old 01-28-2011, 05:09 PM
Verde Denim

Default dlume

On Fri, Jan 28, 2011 at 11:54 AM, M.R. <makrober@gmail.com> wrote:

I found dlume (an address book manager) that seems to be exactly what

I need, other than I can find any way (other than links, which I don't

want to use) to make it operate on a file of addresses in some location

other than it's hardwired default in ~/.dlume.

Anybody using it? Am I missing something?

MakRober

Mak
I haven't used it, but from the deb page -
Dlume is a simple, gtk2-based addressbook. You can easily add, edit
and delete records to/from an XML-format database. The Quick-search
feature allows you find required entry in comfortable way. Export to
CSV and HTML formats is also available. Interface design was borrowed
and improved from Paddress <http://paddress.sourceforge.net>. This page also says it is implemented in C.*

Maybe Paddress will give you some clues, or you could just look at the source (if you are inclined to read code) to find out what is wired in to the code for the location of its storage.

Regards
Jack