Old 02-05-2008, 09:01 PM
Alfred JILKA

Default raw1394 permissions

got a short question, which hopefully does not require a too long answer:
whenever I connect my DV-camera the device-file is recreated with
permissions 755.
This is not sufficient for Kino to import data from there. Therefore I
have to change them
over and over again to 777 (775 might also do, but I still need to sudo
chmod ...)
Now the question: what can be done, so that either the file remains or
is recreated with
777 permissions ?
TIA, Alfred