Old 01-27-2011, 02:09 PM
Lisa Muga

Default MOD_DEFLATE

Hi all,

Am new to Ubuntu, but i can say am coming up to speed quite fst.

I have installed Ubuntu successfully on my laptop.
Apache 2.0 is installed also and i want to use the compression facility tht comes with it.

From what i gathered it is as simple as enabling it.

Q1.How do i confirm that my application is really compressed. Any available tool?

My application is in stored locally in my computer.

Q2. If i have a proxy server, will mod_deflate hinder any compression to occur if the application stored in the main server is compressed?

Please help

lisalisa

Old 01-27-2011, 07:34 PM
Matt Iavarone

On Thu, Jan 27, 2011 at 10:09 AM, Lisa Muga <lisamuga@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Am new to Ubuntu, but i can say am coming up to speed quite fst.
>
> I have installed Ubuntu successfully on my laptop.
> Apache 2.0 is installed also and i want to use the compression facility tht
> comes with it.
>
> From what i gathered it is as simple as enabling it.
>
> Q1.How do i confirm that my application is really compressed. Any available
> tool?
>
> My application is in stored locally in my computer.
>
> Q2. If i have a proxy server, will mod_deflate hinder any compression to
> occur if the application stored in the main server is compressed?
>

> Please help
>
> lisalisa

You can use http://www.whatsmyip.org/http_compression/ to check if it
is enabled. The files are compressed at the apache server and
uncompressed at the client, so having a proxy in between should not be
a factor.