Old 01-27-2011, 01:11 PM
Bas Roufs

Default Evaluating my experience with OpenOffice and LibreOffice @ Maverick.

>> ..... *When monitoring the system activity during OO
>> sessions, the package "Krunner" used 1% up to 30% of the CPU -
>> sometimes even more. Also other packages tend to use sometimes to use
>> similar percentages of the CPU: eg. "soffice.bin".
>
> * *I do not see those kind of CPU numbers on my 10.04.1 computer. How much
> RAM do you have? I have 5 GB.

The "free" test delivers this result:
bas@Viaconsensus2:~$ free
total used free shared buffers cached
Mem: 1017224 932084 85140 0 47256 521848
-/+ buffers/cache: 362980 654244
Swap: 24470524 103936 24366588

The most relevant results of another test are the following:
bas@Viaconsensus2:~$ cat /proc/cpuinfo
processor : 0
vendor_id : GenuineIntel
cpu family : 6
model : 28
model name : Intel(R) Atom(TM) CPU N270 @ 1.60GHz
stepping : 2
cpu MHz : 800.000
cache size : 512 KB

"Processor 1" delivers the same test results.

The meminfo test delivers the following output:
bas@Viaconsensus2:~$ cat /proc/meminfo
MemTotal: 1017224 kB
MemFree: 73780 kB
Buffers: 48916 kB
Cached: 528876 kB
SwapCached: 11460 kB
Active: 442528 kB
Inactive: 412576 kB
Active(anon): 223888 kB
Inactive(anon): 228976 kB
Active(file): 218640 kB
Inactive(file): 183600 kB
Unevictable: 0 kB
Mlocked: 0 kB
HighTotal: 130696 kB
HighFree: 264 kB
LowTotal: 886528 kB
LowFree: 73516 kB
SwapTotal: 24470524 kB
SwapFree: 24366588 kB
Dirty: 116 kB
Writeback: 0 kB
AnonPages: 267024 kB
Mapped: 159344 kB
Shmem: 175548 kB
Slab: 39556 kB
SReclaimable: 19420 kB
SUnreclaim: 20136 kB
KernelStack: 2544 kB
PageTables: 7848 kB
NFS_Unstable: 0 kB
Bounce: 0 kB
WritebackTmp: 0 kB
CommitLimit: 24979136 kB
Committed_AS: 1476396 kB
VmallocTotal: 122880 kB
VmallocUsed: 27688 kB
VmallocChunk: 89228 kB
HardwareCorrupted: 0 kB
HugePages_Total: 0
HugePages_Free: 0
HugePages_Rsvd: 0
HugePages_Surp: 0
Hugepagesize: 4096 kB
DirectMap4k: 24568 kB
DirectMap4M: 884736 kB
bas@Viaconsensus2:~$

>> So far, everything seems to work properly in combination with
>> LibreOffice. Later this week, I will share a bit more practice
>> practice experience at this forum.
>>
> * *I look forward to your practice!

I'll let you and the rest of the forum know.

Greetings,
Bas Roufs.