Old 01-27-2011, 09:30 AM
Joao Ferreira gmail

Default what software should I use to create animation and mathematical lectures

On Thu, 2011-01-27 at 10:16 +0000, Alan Pope wrote:
> On 27 January 2011 10:05, Tapas Mishra <mightydreams@gmail.com> wrote:
> > Someone among my superiors wants to create some thing similar to the
> > video on above link and has asked me what software can they use to do
> > the same.The purpose is to create educational content only.Which can
> > have the demonstrations (animations ) and audio also running in
> > backend of the subject such as Maths or Finance in question. I am not
> > clear as what software can be used for this on Linux or Windows. I
> > have users which use Windows and Linux both.
> >

> At a guess the guy in that video is using some kind of tablet, like
> those made by Wacom. You could achieve the same result by opening GIMP
> (or other paint program) and using a screen recording program (like
> gtk-recordmydesktop in Linux and Camtasia on windows) to record a
> region of the screen and the audio.

I have used recordmydesktop some time ago and it worked fine for me. I
was producing a video regarding the web-based configuration of a network
device and the result can be seen here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6W9WNcR2bhY&feature=related

the initial 5 seconds (or so) were added afterwards by someone using
some professional video editing program.

But the demonstration part of the video was recorded by
gtk-recordmydesktop.

cheers