Old 01-27-2011, 09:05 AM
Tapas Mishra

Default what software should I use to create animation and mathematical lectures

Here is a video on this link
http://www.khanacademy.org/video/scientific-notation-?playlist=Algebra%20I%20Worked%20Examples

Someone among my superiors wants to create some thing similar to the
video on above link and has asked me what software can they use to do
the same.The purpose is to create educational content only.Which can
have the demonstrations (animations ) and audio also running in
backend of the subject such as Maths or Finance in question. I am not
clear as what software can be used for this on Linux or Windows. I
have users which use Windows and Linux both.

I am looking solution for

1) Linux users
2) Windows users

In case of Linux it is Ubuntu for some users and Fedora for some others.
I am a Linux guy so I am specifically posting this question in terms
of Ubuntu but I also need suggestions for Windows type of users.I have
no clue of such video animations at all.I have no idea of how the
video on the link I mentioned could be created let me know some one
who can suggest me some thing for this situation.

Old 01-27-2011, 09:06 AM
Tapas Mishra

--

Sorry the link in previous mail was wrong here is the link to correct video
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kSx873lOgIc&feature=player_embedded#at=62

Old 01-27-2011, 09:16 AM
Alan Pope

On 27 January 2011 10:05, Tapas Mishra <mightydreams@gmail.com> wrote:
> Someone among my superiors wants to create some thing similar to the
> video on above link *and has asked me what software can they use to do
> the same.The purpose is to create educational content only.Which can
> have the demonstrations (animations ) and audio also running in
> backend of the subject such as Maths or Finance in question. I am not
> clear as what software can be used for this on Linux or Windows. *I
> have users which use Windows and Linux both.

At a guess the guy in that video is using some kind of tablet, like
those made by Wacom. You could achieve the same result by opening GIMP
(or other paint program) and using a screen recording program (like
gtk-recordmydesktop in Linux and Camtasia on windows) to record a
region of the screen and the audio.

Al.