Old 01-27-2011, 07:42 AM
Dotan Cohen

Default Aptitude: What is the {u} suffix on packages?

Sometimes I see packages listed in Aptitude like this: libhupnp0{u}.
What is the {u} suffix? Thanks.

--
Dotan Cohen

http://gibberish.co.il
http://what-is-what.com

Old 01-28-2011, 12:45 PM
Dotan Cohen

Some packages have an {a} suffix as well. What is this?

--
Dotan Cohen

http://gibberish.co.il
http://what-is-what.com

Old 01-28-2011, 03:08 PM
David Curtis

Some packages have an {a} suffix as well. What is this?

If you're talking about aptitude on the command line, from the authors blog:
"Here*{a}*indicates that a package was automatically installed or removed, and*{u}*indicates that a package is being removed because it is unused. Hopefully this will be less confusing than the old format."

Old 01-30-2011, 07:24 PM
Dotan Cohen

On Fri, Jan 28, 2011 at 18:08, David Curtis <dave.c.curtis@gmail.com> wrote:
> If you're talking about aptitude on the command line, from the authors blog:
>
> "Here*{a}*indicates that a package was automatically installed or removed,
> and*{u}*indicates that a package is being removed because it is unused.
> Hopefully this will be less confusing than the old format."

Thanks, David! I was able to google the quote and find the blog:
http://algebraicthunk.net/~dburrows/blog/entry/aptitude-0.4.10-released/

Have a great week!

--
Dotan Cohen