Old 01-27-2011, 05:00 AM
Peng Yu

Default Black screen after resume from sleep mode (Dell E5410)

I installed ubuntu 10.04 on my Dell E5410, which recently got the LCD
replaced by Dell because the defect in the original LCD.

I don't remember whether the screen was black or not after sleep mode.
But the screen is always black when the laptop is resumed from the
sleep mode.

I'm not sure if this is an problem with ubuntu or it is the problem of
the newly replaced LCD. Could anybody help me on this issue and let me
know how to diagnose?

Peng

Old 02-06-2011, 08:01 PM

On my Dell Latitude D600, same problem with 10.10 and 10.04 installed. It can't resume from sleep, have to switch it off hardly.

But resume after sleep works great under Ubuntu 9.10, on the same machine, older kernels... :-(