Old 01-26-2011, 09:24 PM
Jim Smith

Default A video question

I have some videos in .mov (quicktime) format that I took with an iPod
Touch. I would like to know of a simple editor which would allow them to
be pasted together into a short movie. Apple has an app called Splice
which will do it on the iPod, but I would rather do the work offline on
the laptop. Then I can choose whether or not to load it back on the device.

Thank you

Jim

--
Its only a hobby, only a hobby, only a hobby, only a ho............

Old 01-26-2011, 10:36 PM
Alan Pope

On 26 January 2011 22:24, Jim Smith <jim@oz.net> wrote:
> I have some videos in .mov (quicktime) format that I took with an iPod
> Touch. I would like to know of a simple editor which would allow them to be
> pasted together into a short movie. Apple has an app called Splice which
> will do it on the iPod, but I would rather do the work offline on the
> laptop. Then I can choose whether or not to load it back on the device.

Try kdenlive? I just tried Pitivi on 11.04 (natty) and it reliably
crashed when I pulled a video into the timeline

https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/pitivi/+bug/708393

Cheers,
Al.

Old 01-26-2011, 11:31 PM
Jim Smith

I have some videos in .mov (quicktime) format that I took with an iPod
Touch. I would like to know of a simple editor which would allow them to be
pasted together into a short movie. Apple has an app called Splice which
will do it on the iPod, but I would rather do the work offline on the
laptop. Then I can choose whether or not to load it back on the device.

Try kdenlive? I just tried Pitivi on 11.04 (natty) and it reliably
crashed when I pulled a video into the timeline

https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/pitivi/+bug/708393

Cheers,
Al.

Thank you. Kdenlive seemed a bit more feature-laden (steep learning
curve) than I was looking for. I was going to try pitivi but will now
skip that. I was looking for something that would allow me to just bash
about 4 or 5 little clips together into about a 4 minute movie. Likewise
with Kino.

Thanks again

Jim

--
Its only a hobby, only a hobby, only a hobby, only a ho............