Old 02-05-2008, 07:08 PM
Linda Hanigan

Default audio streaming

How do you listen to audio streaming. When I try to start streaming it
opens Totem and I get an error saying Totem could not play
'mms://76.79.22.234/kfor'.
Do I need a different program or to change settings on Totem?
Thanks
Linda

Old 02-05-2008, 07:54 PM
"Bob Cortez"

Read this http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Microsoft_Media_Services and then look for the proper download http://packages.ubuntu.com/feisty/libs/gstreamer0.8-mms

Depending whether you are using the xine or gstreamer library version of Totem you can also open up synaptic with universe/multivers enabled and search for the mms plugin.* I'm using the gstreamer version and was able to play your mms link after downloading and installing the proper codec.

Hope this helps

Bob
*

Old 02-05-2008, 09:57 PM
"Mario Spinthiras"

Dear Linda,

*My best guess is that you would be needing codecs and plugins for that. Download ubuntu-restriced-extras from synaptic and try again.

Regards,
Mario A. Spinthiras
Blog: http://www.blupenguin.com

Mail: mario@blupenguin.com
Skype: smario125

Old 02-11-2008, 03:42 PM
Linda Hanigan

I have the gstreamer version of Totem, I added gstreamer0.8-mms and it
show libmms0 also installed. It still doesn't work, but it now says the
following in the error message.
No URI handler implemented for "mms".

On Tue, 2008-02-05 at 11:54 -0900, Bob Cortez wrote:
> Read this http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Microsoft_Media_Services and
> then look for the proper download
> http://packages.ubuntu.com/feisty/libs/gstreamer0.8-mms
>
> Depending whether you are using the xine or gstreamer library version
> of Totem you can also open up synaptic with universe/multivers enabled
> and search for the mms plugin. I'm using the gstreamer version and
> was able to play your mms link after downloading and installing the
> proper codec.
>
> Hope this helps
>
> Bob

I have the gstreamer version of Totem, I installed gstreamer0.8-mms and
it show libmms0 also installed. It still doesn't work, but it now givess
the following in the error message.
No URI handler implemented for "mms".

Any ideas on what I am doing wrong?
Thanks