Old 01-24-2011, 02:40 AM
NoOp

Default Install 10.10 over 10.04

On 01/23/2011 07:35 PM, scott wrote:
> Since I can't find an answer to my previous question, what does everyone
> think about upgrading my borked 10.04 to 10.10 with the alternate
> install cd? Think it might fix it? Is it worth a try?

And what would that previous question be?

Lookin at the archives for all messages you've posted since 02/06/2008 I
can't find anything relevent.

Old 01-24-2011, 02:49 AM
scott

On 1/23/2011 10:40 PM, NoOp wrote:
> On 01/23/2011 07:35 PM, scott wrote:
>> Since I can't find an answer to my previous question, what does everyone
>> think about upgrading my borked 10.04 to 10.10 with the alternate
>> install cd? Think it might fix it? Is it worth a try?
>
> And what would that previous question be?
>
> Lookin at the archives for all messages you've posted since 02/06/2008 I
> can't find anything relevent.

The 'init:hwclock main process terminated with status 2' one. I didn't
mention I was running 10.04. Sorry for the confusion.

Scott

---
Virus Database (VPS): 110123-1, 01/23/2011
Tested on: 1/23/2011 10:49:48 PM

Old 01-24-2011, 05:52 AM
"Cybe R. Wizard"

On Sun, 23 Jan 2011 22:35:05 -0500
scott <redhowlingwolves@nc.rr.com> wrote:

> Since I can't find an answer to my previous question, what does
> everyone think about upgrading my borked 10.04 to 10.10 with the
> alternate install cd? Think it might fix it? Is it worth a try?

I can't resist feeding the troll. No, it isn't worth it. If your
installation is already borked why would you try upgrading instead of
re-installing? To upgrade in that case is just stupid, if you ask me,
and to even ask about it proves the point.

Cybe R. Wizard
--
Think! It ain't illegal.. yet.
Me, many years before Funkadelic's, "Lunchmeataphobia

Old 01-24-2011, 03:12 PM
scott

On 1/24/2011 1:52 AM, Cybe R. Wizard wrote:
> On Sun, 23 Jan 2011 22:35:05 -0500
> scott <redhowlingwolves@nc.rr.com> wrote:
>
>> Since I can't find an answer to my previous question, what does
>> everyone think about upgrading my borked 10.04 to 10.10 with the
>> alternate install cd? Think it might fix it? Is it worth a try?
>
> I can't resist feeding the troll. No, it isn't worth it. If your
> installation is already borked why would you try upgrading instead of
> re-installing? To upgrade in that case is just stupid, if you ask me,
> and to even ask about it proves the point.
>
> Cybe R. Wizard

Troll, indeed. I've been on this list for years and only post if I have
a problem or if I can help someone. I was thinking along the lines of
proper permissions being applied to the 10.10 upgrade, assuming that's
the problem to begin with. I shouldn't even respond, don't know why I am.
Scott

---
Virus Database (VPS): 110124-0, 01/24/2011
Tested on: 1/24/2011 11:12:37 AM

Old 01-24-2011, 04:21 PM
NoOp

On 01/23/2011 07:49 PM, scott wrote:
> On 1/23/2011 10:40 PM, NoOp wrote:
>> On 01/23/2011 07:35 PM, scott wrote:
>>> Since I can't find an answer to my previous question, what does everyone
>>> think about upgrading my borked 10.04 to 10.10 with the alternate
>>> install cd? Think it might fix it? Is it worth a try?
>>
>> And what would that previous question be?
>>
>> Lookin at the archives for all messages you've posted since 02/06/2008 I
>> can't find anything relevent.
>>

> The 'init:hwclock main process terminated with status 2' one. I didn't
> mention I was running 10.04. Sorry for the confusion.

Responded in that thread.