Old 01-23-2011, 07:29 PM
Dotan Cohen

Default I made a big mistake: dependency hell!

In trying to install Digikam 1.7 on Kubuntu 10.10 I got myself into
dependency hell. I was installing some Natty packages with dpkg. Now I
cannot even open Konsole, Dolphin, or any other KDE app other that
what is already open. When I try to "apt-get install -f" in a virtual
terminal it wants to remove almost everything! Of course, I cannot cut
and paste from there. Of course, the apt-get database is up to date
with the proper repos.

Help! I don't know what to do! I tried removing the last packages
installed as listed in /var/lib/dpkg/info (with a simple ls -la
command in there), but aptitiude and apt-get both want to remove 200
packages even when I try to remove just those ten or so.

--
Dotan Cohen

http://gibberish.co.il
http://what-is-what.com

Old 01-23-2011, 07:32 PM
MR ZenWiz

On Sun, Jan 23, 2011 at 12:29 PM, Dotan Cohen <dotancohen@gmail.com> wrote:
> In trying to install Digikam 1.7 on Kubuntu 10.10 I got myself into
> dependency hell. I was installing some Natty packages with dpkg. Now I
> cannot even open Konsole, Dolphin, or any other KDE app other that
> what is already open. When I try to "apt-get install -f" in a virtual
> terminal it wants to remove almost everything! Of course, I cannot cut
> and paste from there. Of course, the apt-get database is up to date
> with the proper repos.
>
> Help! I don't know what to do! I tried removing the last packages
> installed as listed in /var/lib/dpkg/info (with a simple ls -la
> command in there), but aptitiude and apt-get both want to remove 200
> packages even when I try to remove just those ten or so.

That's natty.

<SCNR>