-   -   help me with nautilus (http://www.linux-archive.org/ubuntu-user/480031-help-me-nautilus.html)

kellyremo 01-23-2011 07:22 AM

help me with nautilus

When i rith click on a file in nautilus, i could see, this:

Compress -> .tar.xz
Compress -> .tar.7z

But there not using the best compression method: smallest file/longest creation time, like:

7z a -mx=9 FOO.tar.7z FOO.tar

xz -9 -z FOO.TAR

How could i set it in nautilus, to ".tar.xz" with "-9", and ".tar.7z" with "-mx=9"?

Is there any solution?

Lachlan Musicman 01-23-2011 10:28 PM

help me with nautilus

On Sun, Jan 23, 2011 at 19:22, kellyremo <kellyremo@zoho.com> wrote:

> When i rith click on a file in nautilus, i could see, this:
>
> Compress -> .tar.xz
> Compress -> .tar.7z
>
> But there not using the best compression method: smallest file/longest
> creation time, like:
>
> 7z a -mx=9 FOO.tar.7z FOO.tar
>
> xz -9 -z FOO.TAR
>
> How could i set it in nautilus, to ".tar.xz" with "-9", and ".tar.7z" with
> "-mx=9"?

I can't do it off the top of my head, but this page has lots of
results - I think you will find the result, or way to create what you
need, here:

http://www.google.com.au/search?q=scripting+for+nautilus

cheers
L.

--
Crunchiness is the gustatory sensation of muffled grinding of a
foodstuff. Crunchiness differs from crispiness in that a crispy item

Lachlan Musicman 01-23-2011 10:30 PM

help me with nautilus

On Mon, Jan 24, 2011 at 10:28, Lachlan Musicman <datakid@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Sun, Jan 23, 2011 at 19:22, kellyremo <kellyremo@zoho.com> wrote:
>> But there not using the best compression method: smallest file/longest
>> creation time, like:
>>
>> 7z a -mx=9 FOO.tar.7z FOO.tar
>>
>> xz -9 -z FOO.TAR
>>
>> How could i set it in nautilus, to ".tar.xz" with "-9", and ".tar.7z" with
>> "-mx=9"?
>
> I can't do it off the top of my head, but this page has lots of
> results - I think you will find the result, or way to create what you
> need, here:
>
> http://www.google.com.au/search?q=scripting+for+nautilus

http://g-scripts.sourceforge.net/cat-archiving.php

Looks to have a bunch of things you are after :)
cheers
L.