Old 01-22-2011, 11:30 PM
Alain Muls

Default updatedb and locate not working in Maverick

HI All

Since I switched to Maverick I can no longer trust the locate/updatedb
couple to locate my files.

If I do

sudo updatedb
locate ssntypes.h

I get no results and the file is right under my nose.

Is there a knwon problem with updatedb/locate combo?

bye/Alain

Old 01-23-2011, 06:43 PM
Ric Moore

On Sun, 2011-01-23 at 01:30 +0100, Alain Muls wrote:
> HI All
>
> Since I switched to Maverick I can no longer trust the locate/updatedb
> couple to locate my files.
>
> If I do
>
> sudo updatedb
> locate ssntypes.h
>
> I get no results and the file is right under my nose.
>
> Is there a knwon problem with updatedb/locate combo?

Depends on if you consider it a problem or a feature. Certain
directories are not scanned. /media is one I know of. Check the man page
and find the file name that configures it and see what is
included/excluded by the search. Ric

Linux user# 44256