Old 01-22-2011, 11:49 AM
Ashim Kapoor

Default Internet not working

Dear All,

I have been VERY happy with my Ubuntu / Firefox for the last couple of months. Today something strange happened, I was reading the RFC for OAuth and my firefox hung. When I restarted it ,the wireless internet stopped working ( i have WICD ) . When I switch over to windows my internet is fine.

I need advice here, yes i do plan to try to use wired internet tommorow, but in case that does not work, what can i do ? Also when I restarted my ubuntu I did remember seeing a message like " internet superserver not started" or something like that.

Can someone tell me what to do next apart from reinstalling ubuntu?

Many thanks,
Ashim.

Old 01-22-2011, 03:35 PM
Tapas Mishra

paste the output of lcpci -vnn which shows the wifi card

Old 01-22-2011, 08:25 PM
"K. Frank"

Hello Ashim and Tapas!

On Sat, Jan 22, 2011 at 11:35 AM, Tapas Mishra <mightydreams@gmail.com> wrote:
> paste the output of lcpci -vnn which shows the wifi card

I'm guessing that this should be

lspci -vnn

I tried running lcpci (10.10), and got

No command 'lcpci' found, did you mean:
Command 'lspci' from package 'pciutils' (main)

("lspci -vnn" seems to work, and gives me a lot of
information about pci devices, including my intel
wireless network adapter.)

Good luck.

K. Frank

Old 01-23-2011, 03:04 AM
Tapas Mishra

On Sun, Jan 23, 2011 at 2:55 AM, K. Frank <kfrank29.b@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello Ashim and Tapas!
>
> On Sat, Jan 22, 2011 at 11:35 AM, Tapas Mishra <mightydreams@gmail.com> wrote:
>> paste the output of lcpci -vnn which shows the wifi card
>
> I'm guessing that this should be
>
> * lspci -vnn
>
> I tried running lcpci (10.10), and got
>
> * No command 'lcpci' found, did you mean:
> * *Command 'lspci' from package 'pciutils' (main)
>
> ("lspci -vnn" seems to work, and gives me a lot of
> information about pci devices, including my intel
> wireless network adapter.)
yes I meant lspci not lcpci

Old 01-23-2011, 06:36 PM
Ric Moore

On Sat, 2011-01-22 at 16:25 -0500, K. Frank wrote:
> Hello Ashim and Tapas!
>
> On Sat, Jan 22, 2011 at 11:35 AM, Tapas Mishra <mightydreams@gmail.com> wrote:
> > paste the output of lcpci -vnn which shows the wifi card
>
> I'm guessing that this should be
>
> lspci -vnn
>
> I tried running lcpci (10.10), and got
>
> No command 'lcpci' found, did you mean:
> Command 'lspci' from package 'pciutils' (main)
>
> ("lspci -vnn" seems to work, and gives me a lot of
> information about pci devices, including my intel
> wireless network adapter.)
>
> Good luck.

Please don't top-post and trim the irrelevant bits. Ric

Linux user# 44256