Old 01-20-2011, 05:21 PM
Matt Harrison

Default Lock program to a workspace

First, my apologies if my messaging format isn't plain text.* Let me
know and I will adjust.* Been a while since I have been on this list.

Now, my question is this:
Is there a way to lock a program to a workspace so that it won't jump around.

Best example of this is I switch to Workspace 2 and fire up DeVeDe to
make a ISO.* While it is processing I switch back to workspace 1 and
go about my normal routine.* When DeVeDe finishes it's job, the "Job
Completed" windows pops into Workspace 1 and I have to click OK and
move it back to 2.

While I know this is a minor "issue" it is annoying still.

Thanks for any help in advance!

Old 01-22-2011, 02:37 AM
Ric Moore

On Thu, 2011-01-20 at 13:21 -0500, Matt Harrison wrote:
> First, my apologies if my messaging format isn't plain text. Let me
> know and I will adjust. Been a while since I have been on this list.
>
> Now, my question is this:
> Is there a way to lock a program to a workspace so that it won't jump around.
>
> Best example of this is I switch to Workspace 2 and fire up DeVeDe to
> make a ISO. While it is processing I switch back to workspace 1 and
> go about my normal routine. When DeVeDe finishes it's job, the "Job
> Completed" windows pops into Workspace 1 and I have to click OK and
> move it back to 2.
>
> While I know this is a minor "issue" it is annoying still.
I dunno, it's always done that. Annoying, I agree. Ric

Linux user# 44256

Old 01-22-2011, 06:30 PM
MR ZenWiz

:

>> Best example of this is I switch to Workspace 2 and fire up DeVeDe to
>> make a ISO. *While it is processing I switch back to workspace 1 and
>> go about my normal routine. *When DeVeDe finishes it's job, the "Job
>> Completed" windows pops into Workspace 1 and I have to click OK and
>> move it back to 2.
>>
>> While I know this is a minor "issue" it is annoying still.
> I dunno, it's always done that. Annoying, I agree. Ric

K3b has a little progress bar/window that shows up on all workspaces,
but at least when it's done it doesn't do anything more annoying than
leave it up until you close the burn window.