Old 01-20-2011, 05:15 PM
MR ZenWiz

Default Strange results using vnc

I tried to run the "Remote Desktop Viewer" from Menu->Other and an
icon appears in the window list, but it closes before it does
anything. If I run vinagre fro the command line, I get a couple of
error notices because xinerama and RANDR don't get along, but it runs
just fine.

I copied the menu item to a panel and deleted the "-F %U" from the
command line in the properties and it works just fine. I edited the
main menu to do the same, and now it also works just fine.

According to the man page, "-F" opens a .vnc file, but clearly if %U
is not defined this is a problem. I'm curious why the system would
ship with parameters built into the menu command that can cause
problems.

Comments?

Old 01-20-2011, 07:43 PM
Colin Law

On 20 January 2011 18:15, MR ZenWiz <mrzenwiz@gmail.com> wrote:
> I tried to run the "Remote Desktop Viewer" from Menu->Other and an
> icon appears in the window list, but it closes before it does
> anything. *If I run vinagre fro the command line, I get a couple of
> error notices because xinerama and RANDR don't get along, but it runs
> just fine.
>
> I copied the menu item to a panel and deleted the "-F %U" from the
> command line in the properties and it works just fine. *I edited the
> main menu to do the same, and now it also works just fine.

On my (10.10) system it is Applications > Internet > Remote Desktop
Viewer (not Other) and it only has %U, no -F

Colin

Old 01-20-2011, 08:33 PM
MR ZenWiz

On Thu, Jan 20, 2011 at 12:43 PM, Colin Law <clanlaw@googlemail.com> wrote:

> On my (10.10) system it is Applications > Internet > Remote Desktop
> Viewer (not Other) and it only has %U, no -F

Interesting - I'm pretty sure I didn't do that myself. I'll have to
look at my AMD box later.

Thanks.